Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cherry Balsamic Mustard Grass Fed Strip Steak




Grass fed strip steaks. Let's start there.

They are worth the money and this is a great way to treat them (and yourself) right.

First, I stirred up:

1 TBSP Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
1 TBSP organic stone ground brown mustard

I swirled this around in a small glass baking dish and then placed 2 grass fed strip steaks in there. I flipped them over a couple of times and let the steaks come closer to room temperature in this mixture, about 15 minutes.



I rubbed coconut oil on my grill pan and let it heat up a few minutes over medium heat. Then I placed the steaks in, listening for a little sizzle.

I added Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com) and freshly ground black pepper.

I cooked them 5 minutes on each side, turned off the heat, and let them sit there another 3 minutes, flipping them to coat them in the Cherry Balsamic Mustard Sauce.

Perfect.
Perfectly simple with Cheesy Kale Chips with No Cheese. (They don't take long in the oven)

Fuel up and eat like the athlete you are.







No comments:

Post a Comment