Saturday, January 17, 2015

Nutty Cherry Chia Energy Bites



These little energy bites are so tasty I couldn't stop eating them so I put them in snack bags, two at a time, and placed them into the freezer. They are different from all my protein balls in that they don't have coconut oil or protein powder - just real and healthy ingredients.

I'm already thinking of many variations!

I stirred up the following ingredients into a large mixing bowl:

1 cup old-fashioned oats (I love McCann's Quick Oats)
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips (chips is a misleading word here - it's just the big chunky coconut, not shredded)
1/2 cup nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, pecan butter - any would work)
1/2 cup dried cherries
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
2 TBSP raw honey


I stirred and kind of smashed the ingredients around until everything stuck together. It took a while, so don't give up. Now, if your nut butter was very thick, you may need to put a little more in there to get it to stick together......



I put the bowl in the fridge for maybe half an hour and then smashed them into balls, making sure that everything stuck together. I'd hope to be able to use my cookie scoop but it needed to be smashed together.

                                                 
                                                    Beautiful ingredients, beautiful food.

I wish I could magically transport them to Ger and Benny and Hunter  - I bet they could finish them up in no time. They must be very hungry - they're sitting in FIRST PLACE at the end of day 2 of WODapalooza 2015 Men's Elite Team.  #onfire

No comments:

Post a Comment