Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Paleo Crock Pot Tender Pork Chops


Don't you love pork chops that just fall apart with a fork, all tender and moist and delicious? What if they were easy and had simple ingredients, too? This recipe is all that.

I rubbed 1 tsp coconut oil in the bottom of my crock pot.

I placed 4 bone-in pork chops into the bottom of the crock pot. (boneless pork can certainly be used, too, but I think anytime you can cook with the bone in there, you're getting strength from the bones into your food and you're getting a great flavor)

I added:
1/2 tsp Garlic Gold Nuggets ( or however you might want to garlic them up - I didn't have fresh)
1/4 tsp turmeric
 smoked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.



In a small bowl, I whisked up the following ingredients:

3 TBSP raw honey
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP organic brown mustard
1/4 tsp ground chipotle chili pepper


After whisking it, I poured it over the pork chops and put on the lid. I cooked them on low for 6 hours.  If you have more pork chops or thicker ones (mine weren't quite 1/2 inch) you could go 7-8 hours.  

You're going to love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment