Monday, January 19, 2015

Aerogarden 7 LED Early Adventures



I wanted fresh herbs. Lots of them. More than I could afford.

I've wanted them since summer was over.

It's winter.  January.   January in Kentucky.

So, I bought myself a Christmas present. (At least it was half-price - an Amazon Deal of the Day)

It took no time at all to set up.

I worried that I'd wasted my money - that it wouldn't grow fresh herbs at all.


But, this was after one week. I felt hope.


Week two showed growth and I thought maybe I would be soon eating fresh herbs in my kitchen, in January, in Kentucky.

This is the week three photo and these herbs have become happy overachievers. I already had to move the lights up. I'm enjoying fresh herbs on my farm-raised fried eggs, and best of all, I'm glad that I bought myself that Christmas present.  

I'm thinking I'll try organic lettuces next........


4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Yours herb looks so beautiful. It is growing up day by day. Everyone want some fresh food for his/her dining table. I think AeroGarden is the best way to get the fresh herbs from home. I like to take fresh basil, mint, tomato etc in my meal. Actually, we can grow herbs/vegetables anywhere and anytime by using AeroGarden.

    I think you shoud carry one for organic lettuces for next....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Neal. I need to do an update - they are bigger than ever and I can't hardly use up the dill fast enough. It really is great to have this. I'm definitely doing lettuce soon.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dinah,

    Congrats on what was sure to turn out to be a great herb garden. I love my AG's. I always have herbs going, and lettuce. In case you didn't like the AG lettuce kit (I found it pretty wilty), I found s fabulous seed suitable for the AG which is called Dragoon from Johnny's Seeds. It's more firm than the other loose leaf lettuces. It's a staple in our home. I hope you're still enjoying your AG gardens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, Thank you! I just made a note about the lettuce. I enjoyed those herbs so much. This time around I have ONLY organic basil in it - I can never have enough basil. I plan to do lettuce next and now i know what plant - Dragoon! I also bought my daughter an AG for her birthday and she's using all the hearts now, too.

      Delete