Friday, January 2, 2015

Paleo Baby Bok Choy


It's good to try new things. Baby book choy was new to me and now I know I like it.  Everything we eat has different nutrients so you want to push yourself and not eat the same things all the time, right?   The baby bok choy looked so fresh and healthy and...well, cute.  So it came home to my skillet.

I stirred up the following ingredients into a skillet over medium heat:

1 tsp coconut oil
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 TBSP Garlic Gold Nuggets
1 TBSP Cherry Balsamic Vinegar  (flyingolive.com)
1/2 tsp arrowroot powder, sprinkled over so it won't lump (if you don't have that, you can substitute cornstarch)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Then I cut the bottom off of 2-3 book toy plants and then sliced them in half, top to bottom. I rinsed all the stalks because dirt can be hiding down in there. I shook off the excess water and put them into the skillet. I stirred them often and cooked them for about 6 minutes. De-hunking-licious.

I realize some people are going to want to cook the stalks for the first 5 minutes and then add in the leaves part because they cook more quickly but I like it just fine all cooked at the same time. There's still a little crunch to it and it paired very well with a skillet of organic potatoes and onions with smoked ham leftovers thrown in there. See?


No comments:

Post a Comment