Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Paleo Gingersnap Cupcakes


I was craving my big gooey gingersnap cookies but I wanted to have a grain-free, less-guilt experience....so I came up with these.  They are a great substitute but they aren't going to be that crazy-sweet cookie I was thinking about. (Hey, Ger says just make the cookies, Mom! So, I will, VERY soon. I'll put that recipe up on here, too.)


I mixed up all these ingredients in a large mixing bowl:

3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup organic pumpkin
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
6 eggs
1  1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar

I placed 12 cupcake papers in my cupcake pan and divided the batter into the 12 cups.

I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. I let them cool on a cooling rack.

They are nice with coffee or organic whole milk - hey, you could count them as part of a great breakfast since there's 6 eggs in 12 cupcakes.


Next time I make them, I want to throw in some fresh ginger, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment