Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cheesy Kale Chips with No Cheese


I love my Kale Chip recipes here on the blog...love them all... the ones in the oven, the ones in the dehydrator, the Aisian ones, the garlic ones, etc!  Yet, now and then, I would still pay BIG money for the ones at Whole Foods - they had this "cheesy" stuff on them that I loved, but there was no cheese in the ingredients.

There was, however, nutritional yeast. This is not the yeast like you make bread with. It doesn't feed bad things in your body like infections. Many paleo people think it's fine - some don't. But, I read a lot and decided that I would buy a little at Whole Foods on my next trip and try it for myself. I'm so glad I did! It's really good and doesn't take much, or cost much.

I tore one bunch of organic kale into bite-sized pieces. I put it into a very large bowl. I added 1 TBSP melted coconut oil, and mixed this up with my hands until the kale was lightly coated. I spread this out on 2 big pans. I sprinkled the kale with seat salt, minced garlic, smoked paprika. (no measuring here, just a little of each.) I then measured 1 TBSP nutritional yeast and sprinkled it over the 2 pans.

I cooked them for 45 minutes in a 200 degree oven, stirring once in that time.  I also immediately started making another batch. Yum. I hope I never again pay $9. for a little container of kale chips!


No comments:

Post a Comment