Friday, June 27, 2014

Paleo Herb Tomato Chicken


This is paleo comfort-food at its finest. We enjoyed it greatly.

I mixed the following ingredients in a shallow dish:

1 tsp basil
1 tsp garlic powder (or garlic nuggets)
1 tsp rosemary
2 TBSP almond flour (I like the unblanched almond flour and always uses it, but either works)

I heated 2 TBSP coconut oil in my cast iron skillet.

I coated 1 1/2 - 2 lb boneless chicken thighs in the herb mixture and then added them to the skillet. I cooked them 3-4 minutes on each side until they were getting that golden brown color and were cooked inside, although I did leave them rolled up. Then I took them out and set them aside so I could use the skillet for the next part of this recipe.



I added 1 TBSP coconut oil to the skillet. I added:

1 small red onion, diced (I've also used yellow onion in this recipe)
1/2 sweet red pepper, diced
1 tsp almond flour
sea salt
freshly groung black pepper

I cooked this 3-4 minutes, until softened.



Next, I added:

 1 can diced tomatoes, DRAINED
1 1/2 cups chicken stock

I brought this to a boil, stirring often. I reduced the heat and let it simmer 5 minutes.

I stirred in 3 TBSP coconut milk.
I put the chicken thighs back into the cast iron skillet and cooked until they were heated through and turned over in the sauce.

This makes such a tender chicken thigh meal. It's an economical way to feed the people you love some great paleo protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment