Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Chicken Marinara


This chicken dish got more than one compliment tonight! I can't get enough fresh basil lately so this was delicious. Here's how I did it:

First, I  cut a spaghetti squash in half and scooped out the seeds and stringy stuff. I placed the two halves cut-side down in a 9 x 12 glass baking dish. I added water until it was 1/2 inch deep in the dish and put the dish in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, until tender. (the size of the spaghetti squash can alter the cooking time, so I stick a knife in it to check to see if its soft.)



After the squash cooled for a few minutes, I poured the water off the spaghetti squash and scraped out the squash into the same baking dish!

Next, I pulled the leaves off of a container of fresh basil.

I also cooked several chicken tenders in a skillet with coconut oil, smoked sea salt, and pepper.


I added the fresh basil to the baking dish, along with 1 jar of marinara sauce (read the labels and buy sauce with no added sugar....) and 1 can of diced tomatoes that I'd drained completely.


I stirred all of this up and added the chicken.
I popped it into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Now, Ger said I was being lazy since I didn't cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces...... but he told me how delicious it was twice!  With ingredients this beautiful, how could I go wrong? And, there's only one dish. Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment