Monday, June 30, 2014

Simple Cucumber Dill Salad


Someone sent cucumbers and yellow squash home with Ger from the box this morning. I thought it might be Kim, but it wasn't. I have to find out who to thank for the gifts from the garden!
If you have lots of cucumbers from your garden, make this with a meal now and then.

I washed 2 small cucumbers and cut off the ends. Then I peeled down them longways now and then, until they looked striped. I didn't want to peel all of the green off.
Next, I sliced them and put them into a small bowl.
I added just a bit of diced onion, and 1/4 tsp dill. (Fresh dill would be even better!)
Next, I added 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar, and sea salt and pepper, to taste.

I stirred this up so that the cucumber could soak up the vinegar.
THEN I added 1 TBSP olive oil and gave it one last stir.

I put it in the fridge until the rest of dinner was ready: http://feedinggersasser.blogspot.com/2013/05/crock-pot-grass-fed-beef-roast.html

No comments:

Post a Comment