Monday, June 23, 2014

Fennel Rubbed Pork Roast



Well, THIS recipe was instantly loved!  I like to hear the compliments for my creative endeavors in this Southern paleo kitchen. The best part may be how easy this one is - I hope you try it.

I put 1 TBSP coconut oil in the slow cooker and rubbed it around.
I placed a 3-4 lb pork roasting the slow cooker. This was my last roast from the current half a pig from a local-ish farm and I wanted to honor it.  (I have a whole pig spoken for in October - yay! - and I am giving half of it to Ger and Cassie as part of their wedding present. That August 2nd wedding is fast approaching!)

Anyway, I rubbed 1 TBSP smoked sea salt and
1 TBSP fennel into the top of the pork roast.
I sprinkled 1/4 tsp red pepper and
freshly ground black pepper, to taste on the top also.

I added 1/3 cup water and cooked it on low for 7 hours. (It also works on high for 4 hours)

There was even a big lovely bone for Mikko and a little one for Daisy. Everyone was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment