Sunday, June 1, 2014

Broiled Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto




I made a Saturday morning trip to The Wild Ramp and bought the most fresh and delicious asparagus. I honored it in this way:

I covered a large baking pan with foil. (easy clean-up!)
I broke off about an inch of each asparagus spear to discard and then laid them on the baking pan.

I poured 2 tsp garlicgold.com Gralic Gold oil on the asparagus and tossed them with my hands until they were covered.  (If you don't have Garlic Gold Oil yet, you can use warm coconut oil, or olive oil)

I made the bundles by wrapping a piece of prosciutto around two asparagus spears, rolling from just below the top, down to the bottom.  I laid them out in the pan.

I seasoned them with smoked seat salt salttraders.com, freshly ground black pepper, and Garlic Gold Nuggets. (minced garlic, or a little garlic powder would substitute)

I put them under the broiler for 5 minutes, took them out and turned them over, and broiled for another 5 minutes.

Incredible!

If your asparagus is tiny, you will want to broil a little less time, so adjust and watch them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment