Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Stuffed Chicken Cutlets


There may be something to the idea of happy animals tasting better. Bos Creek chicken must have a happy chicken source because this chicken is REALLY GOOD. Really good meat inspires me to make  really good meals for my family.

I hope you try this recipe and I hope you check out the Bos Creek website.  We have an offer code for you:      GerBos    will get you $15 off  your first box of Bos Creek meattheboscreek.com is where to check them out!  They have "delicious grass fed beef delivered monthly" and lots of other choices, too. Isn't their website beautiful? No wonder their cows are happy.

I took chicken breasts and sliced them thin into cutlets. This recipe is for 7-8 cutlets.

I added the following ingredients into a mixing bowl:
1 package fresh basil (I pull the leaves off the stems and stack them so they are easy to chop and compost the stems)
1/2 cup Ballyshannon Dubliner cheese (from happy grass fed cows lol)
1/3 cup fresh organic broccoli, cut up small
5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
4-5 slices dried organic mango (I cut this up with scissors - easier, faster)
Salt Traders Cherry Wood Smoked Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and black sesame seeds to taste

I laid out pieces of foil - one for each chicken cutlet.
I placed 1 tsp coconut oil on the center of each piece of foil.

I laid each chicken cutlet out on foil (on top of the coconut oil) and put the mixture from the bowl on the top of each chicken cutlet, using it all and dividing it evenly. I tried to carefully fold over each chicken cutlet... but if they won't fold, they still taste incredible! They looked like this:




I folded two opposite edges of foil over the chicken and folded them together like a seam, then folded in the ends to make the foil able to hold in the steam while the chicken cooked.

I cooked these packets on a large baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
You can see in the top photo that I served these Bos Creek chicken awesome stuffed cutlets with spaghetti squash with a nice marinara sauce. It was an awesome meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment