Friday, April 11, 2014

Kill Cliff Lemon Lime Popsicles


As soon as I drank my first Lemon Lime Kill Cliff (can't wait to see what they name this one!) I started planning popsicles. I make popsicles with the other two flavors and this new one is no exception.  You can see in the photograph that Mikko is enjoying the new flavor as Cassie helps out. Ger's got one in his hand while he's posting tomorrow's WOD - it's just out of the picture.


I love my new Zoku popsicle set. It's BPA and phthalate free. You can find lots of different ones on amazon.com.
First, I poured a Lemon Lime Kill Cliff (killcliff.com) into a small mixing bowl. This lets some of the carbonation fizz off. Carbonated liquids may need a little more room to expand as they freeze, so keep this in mind. I drank another one while I worked.....

In the food processor I put:
1/2 of a ripe organic banana
1 TBSP coconut cream concentrate (I love tropicaltraditions.com but you can use any coconut butter)
2 tsp fresh lime juice
a little lime zest
(1 tsp honey - optional - we don't use it but some people might want it...)

I poured just a little of the Kill Cliff into the food processor and blended for a few seconds.
Then, I poured this mixture into the bowl with the rest of the Kill Cliff and stirred.

I filled the popsicle molds and set them into the freezer for 6 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment