Saturday, April 19, 2014

Roasted Purple Potatoes


Ger's brother, Isaac wanted "potatoes, not sweet potatoes, POTATOES..."

This was as close as I could go with that request. These are organic purple potatoes and they are less "bad-carb" than white potatoes because they have all those purple antioxidants in there to do you some good! They also taste exactly like plain old white potatoes, so Isaac was HAPPY.  Give them a go when you crave potatoes.

I put the following ingredients into a glass 9 x 12 baking dish:

1  1/2 lbs of organic purple potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 TBSP grass-fed butter, melted
1/2 tsp smoked sea salt
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp minced garlic (I used garlicgold.com nuggets)
freshly ground black pepper

I stirred this up to coat the potatoes pieces and then spread them out.
I put them into a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes and stirred them once halfway through the roasting time.
Oh, just yum. Purple yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment