Monday, March 3, 2014

Paleo Skillet Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato

 I hope everyone who's doing the Open gets a great score on 14.1. I hope everyone can get to the box safely. I don't know where you are but the weather here in the Ashland area of Kentucky.. it's a mess! Ice, sleet, easily 7 inches of snow AND it's still snowing... so, if you're at home, cook something!


I put 2 heaping TBSP of coconut oil into a skillet and added:
1/2 of a red onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced

I cooked this for 3-4 minutes on medium.
Then I added 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes. ( I love the ones from nuts.com - they aren't in oil and are so moist and delicious)
I cooked the mixture another 3-4 minutes and then removed it from the pan and set it aside.

I put 2 more heaping TBSP of coconut oil into the skillet. (If you used sun dried tomato in oil, you may not need this much more oil)
I added 2  1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders. (If you have chicken breasts, just slice them into 3 or 4 pieces to make your tenders - sometimes this saves you a lot of money)
I cooked the chicken on a little higher heat, turning them and making sure they were done on all sides.

Next, I added several stalks of asparagus, broken into bite-sized pieces.
I returned the onion-garlic-tomato mixture back into the pan to warm.

I added:
1 tsp dried basil ( fresh would be even better but I didn't have it)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp organic black sesame seeds (optional, but oh, so good and healthy!)

Please notice I did not salt this recipe - there's PLENTY of salt in sun-dried tomatoes.

MY, how you've grown!  BOTH of you!




               

No comments:

Post a Comment