Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Paleo Salmon Croquettes


I was going to make salmon patties but I was in a big hurry and since smaller things cook faster, I made them small..... with a cookie scoop! It was fast, easy, and so tasty.

I put the following ingredients into a mixing bowl:
1  tsp dried mustard
1 TBSP minced garlic (you know I love garlicgold.com)
1  1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1  tsp Cherrywood Smoked Sea Salt (you know I love salttraders.com)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 eggs
3 TBSP almond flour (not blanched)
(2 TBSP diced onion, optional)

I stirred all of that up.
I added 4 small cans of very nice salmon. (It's the equivalent of 2 15 oz cans) I poured the juice off as much as possible before adding the salmon to the mixing bowl.

I mixed this all up with my hands. I washed my hands and used a cookie scoop to make the little croquettes.  I put them into a heated skillet with coconut oil.  I browned them on both sides.

All this was done while the kale chips cooked in the oven. Perfect combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment