Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chewy Banana Goji Cookies



Sometimes I crave something with a little old-fashioned oats in it. Oats don't spike your insulin, so now and then, it's not going to be a big deal. These cookies are so healthy and so fast!

I put the following ingredients into a large bowl:

2 large ripe bananas
1  1/4 cup old-fashioned oats (we love McCann's quick oats - order from amazon.com)
1 cup unsweetened coconut  ( the coconut chips are the big chunks - order from nuts.com or tropicaltraditions.com)
1/4 cup goji berries  ( or other dried fruit you like, or dark chocolate chips....)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

I mashed this all up with my hands.
Then I washed my hands and used a cookie scoop and placed the cookies on a baking sheet.

I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.  I think they made 18.... they were being eaten before I got a photo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment