Monday, March 3, 2014

Paleo Snow Cream


If the weather where you are is anything at all like the weather where we are, then you might be able to try this recipe. PALEO Snow Cream!   I loved snow cream when I was a little girl - mom made it for my little sister and I - we didn't care if it was cold out - we'd go get clean fresh snow and she would do the rest.   You seriously have to try this while we have BIG clean fresh snow!


I stirred the following ingredients in a huge bowl:

1/3 cup coconut milk from a can, CHILLED ( or almond milk if you prefer)
1 tsp real vanilla
1/4 cup real maple syrup  ( you can also use 1/4 cup local honey instead if you prefer)

I added 4-5 cups of fresh snow and stirred it all up. (You will want to add 4 cups of snow and stir it up and taste it just to see if you need more. Different moisture levels in the snow make a big difference.

This was paleo - it wasn't as sweet as the sugar-laden snow cream in my memories, but you know what? I like this so much better!  If you like it sweeter, add more maple syrup or honey....

If YOU have any leftovers.... you could make them into popsicles. We don't want to waste this stuff! More on THAT later.


                             Thanks to Kerry for these photos - hers are always nicer than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment