Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Paleo Pancakes



Happy National (paleo) Pancake Day!  I have yet another snow day so I got to lazily drink my coffee, plan my day here at the house, and make bacon and paleo pancakes.  A lot of times I make my  pancakes with pumpkin (just put "pancakes" into the search box on this blog to see them) and Cassie makes great pancakes with banana, but today I wanted something really "egg-y."

So,  these pancakes were just the ticket! They were delicious with bacon on the side, and just a hint of real maple syrup drizzled across the top. I'm even going to make them again tonight, alongside a big pot of my Paleo Deer Chili recipe, but with grass fed beef this time. YUM!

I whisked the following items up with a fork:

3 eggs
1/8 cup coconut flour
a pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon

I put a little pasture butter in a small skillet (over medium low heat) and poured out about 1/3 of the batter. After 2 minutes (when it looked like I would be able to flip it and there were s few of those little bubbles in the batter) I flipped the pancake and cooked for 2 more minutes or so.
I added a little butter to the pan each time I made a pancake.
Yum!
Tonight I'm going to make them in one big skillet!  I'm going to leave out the cinnamon since I want them savory to go with the chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment