Saturday, March 15, 2014

Paleo Blackberry Pecan Butter



It's an absolutely beautiful Saturday and the weather is just perfect.  The blackberries I bought this morning were perfect, too, so I thought I would incorporate them into the toasted pecan butter I was planning to make today. We all liked it very much.  I think it will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks. (if it lasts that long....)

I wanted lots of flavor, so toasting the nuts first was a step worth taking.

I took 1 lb of pecan halves and spread them out on a heavy cookie sheet.

 I put them in a 350 degree oven to toast for 10 minutes. (You might want to go 12, but watch them if you do...) 
I let them cool on on a rack and then put half of them into my food processor. I didn't put anything else in - nothing. It didn't need anything else. I turned it on and let it work for a minute or so. First it looked like chopped nuts, then it looked like almond flour (well, pecan flour, lol) and then it started to look oily and THEN it looked like perfect Paleo Toasted Pecan Butter.  I worked the pecan butter down off the sides of the food processor bowl with a spatula.
Then I added 10 blackberries and blended just until they were mixed - about 30 seconds. 

I scraped the Paleo Blackberry Pecan Butter into a container and then did it all again with the other half pound of toasted pecans and adding the blackberries in at the end.

 I'm thinking of lots of ways to use this!


No comments:

Post a Comment