Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Bananas


If you love bacon wrapped dates, you'll probably love these little babies. They are even better than you might think, and they are so easy. I am glad Ger asked for these.

I cut a package of bacon in half with scissors.
I peeled and cut 4 organic bananas into pieces the size of a date. (maybe 5-6 pieces in a banana, depending on its size.)
I put parchment paper on a baking sheet.
I wrapped each banana piece in a half-piece of bacon and placed it on the baking sheet with the end of the bacon tucked under. (so they wouldn't unwrap... if yours are stubborn, use toothpicks)

I put them into a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Then, the bacon seemed to need 3 minutes under the broiler. (Yours might be ok. I think it would depend on the bacon... this was thick and right off the farm!)

I have wrapped a lot of things in bacon for this blog and to feed Ger Sasser.....I'll be doing this again very very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment