Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Strawberry Chia Jam


I took really ripe strawberries and cored and sliced them. I mushed them up with a fork - just a fork because I wanted chunks of strawberry still in there. I did this until I had two cups of mushed strawberry.
 I added 2 TBSP of chia seeds, 1 TBSP maple syrup, and one tsp vanilla.  I stirred this all up, put the lid on, and placed it in the fridge for 20 minutes. I used my small Pampered Chef bowl.

This stuff is delicious, especially when swirled into some Snowville greek yogurt, or other organic yogurt from pastured cows.  I'm sure it would be fine in the fridge for 2-3 weeks, but it won't last that many days around here!

If your strawberries aren't quite as juicy as mine were, you may need a a tsp or two of water added so that the chia seeds do their amazing thickening thing.

                                                           Strawberries are so beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment