Monday, March 24, 2014

Mashed Avocado Deviled Eggs



Did you ever plan to make deviled eggs, with their lovely presentation, but then then eggs all crack and split? Me, too - today, in fact. I wanted to make paleo avocado deviled eggs but the eggs just weren't cooperating. Well, never fear!

I threw 8 (mangled) boiled eggs into a mixing bowl.
I added:
1 avocado, mashed or sliced
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp chipotle chili pepper
3 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 tsp bacon grease
1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar

I mashed everything up with a fork and put it into the fridge for a few minutes.

This stuff is DELICIOUS and FASTER than the pretty avocado deviled eggs. Sometimes speed trumps presentation and sometimes the eggs just won't cooperate. We made it work!

You might want to try this recipe around Easter.......

Also, I downloaded an update on my phone and now it won't load photos into my iphoto... I'll figure that out later - this recipe is too good to wait. They are already saying if we eat it all tonight, they are making more for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment