Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sausage and Sweet Potato Skillet


"Millions of wall balls and then we ran!
How can I get excited for Fran?
Split jumps and pistols made my butt sore,
But Paleo recipes can't be a chore!"

That little rhyme of mine didn't cover even half of what was in our WODs in the last 3 days.....So, I needed a delicious meal that was easier than usual.  I think I may have PRed with this one.  Feel free to adjust it if you don't feed people as big a quantity as I do, but we all wished there had been leftovers!

I browned 3 lbs of Banger Sausage from Whole Foods in a skillet. While it was browning, I peeled 4 sweet potatoes and Cassie cut them into bite-sized pieces for me. We put them in a saucepan with a lid and let them boil until soft when stuck with a fork.

Next, Cassie diced up a big organic white onion. It made her weepy. (Thanks again!)
We put the onion right into the sausage, along with:
1 tsp pesto paste    (but if you don't have it, don't worry about it; I couldn't even taste it)
sea salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste

When the sweet potatoes were soft, I drained the water off of them and then added them to the sausage and onions. That's it. And, I got big compliments, even from Isaac, who said it was just perfect - the spice of the sausage and the sweetness of the sweet potato. He requested that I make it with Maple Sausage next time..... You got it, Isaac!

Try this when you need to make a quick, easy and delicious meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment