Friday, January 25, 2013

Lemon Lime Protein Balls


I love protein balls and I am not alone.  I love my Cocoa Delight Bites, my Gingerbread Protein Balls, and my Paleo Vanilla Date Bites - those recipes are all on this blog and they are made often.

Today, since it's a SNOW DAY, I wanted to make something like that, but experiment with my Coconut Cream Concentrate. (tropicaltraditions.com They have some amazing products and some great sales, so check them out often.) Kim mentioned coconut butter (sometimes it's called that) the other day and then I saw on Facebook that Tony is even putting it in his coffee, so I knew I wanted to come up with a great recipe using this yummy goodness. So, I did. They just taste so creamy and fresh.

I put all the ingredients into one bowl:

1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest and lime zest (1 tsp total - some of both in the tsp)
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
4-5 scoops of Progenex Vanilla Protein (OR 3 scoops of other brands of vanilla, like Myofusion - their scoop is bigger)
1/4 cup + 1 TBSP coconut oil (don't melt it)
1/4 cup coconut cream concentrate
2 TBSP honey, OR agave nectar

I stirred this up until I couldn't see white chunks of the coconut oil or the coconut cream concentrate.
Then I added:

2 cups unsweetened coconut chips ( the big flakes, although the shredded would work nicely, too)

I mixed the coconut in and used a cookie dough scoop to make protein balls. I put them on a wax paper covered cookie sheet and placed them into the freezer for 15 minutes.


They are REALLY good! Coconut cream concentrate acts like almond butter in this recipe, making them chewy and addicting! They are just about perfect on a snow day with a cup of coffee...... Let me know what you think, ok?



No comments:

Post a Comment