Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pumpkin Goji Chia Pudding


I've been making chia puddings lately. I blogged Paleo Cocoa Goji Pudding on here just the other day. So, I had to make a pumpkin one, too, right? Yes, I did. Now, it looks like it's a weird color in the photo, because the can of coconut milk lightens the color of the organic pumpkin. But, that's ok. We love it!
I shot this photo with all the ingredients stirred up except the pecan butter. That's why the pecans are cooling on a rack in the back of the shot - I was making my Toasted Pecan Butter because we'd eaten it all.....again!
The more prep work I do on the weekend, the easier it is for this household to eat paleo all through the week. It takes a little planning, but food is our fuel and we only get one body.


I put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl:

1 can organic coconut milk
1 can organic pumpkin
1 TBSP finely chopped fresh ginger ( I use Garden Gourmet; it comes in a tube in your grocery near the fresh herbs - it's so easy!)
2 TBSP agave nectar, or honey
4 TBSP chia seeds
2 scoops vanilla or cinnamon roll protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup goji berries ( optional, but they are a seriously powerhouse food)
2 TBSP pecan butter, or almond butter

I stirred all ingredients until mixed well. I put a lid on the bowl and placed it in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Feb 2, 2013
I made this again today and added 2 TBSP dark cocoa. It's a great way to tweak it.

2 comments:

  1. What can I use in place of protein powder? I don't have any/ won't use it for anything & don't want to buy it for a few recipes. Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it without it, just to check. It's still amazing!

    ReplyDelete