Friday, January 25, 2013

Paleo Scrambled Eggs with Vegetables



It's Friday. It's a snow day from school and I am one happy individual. I have my Paleo Short Ribs in the crockpot. My kitchen is cleaned up. I've talked to my mom. The laundry is going. I am going to try a new dessert idea later. Jess went to the grocery for me. See why life is so good today?

So, Ger came in from the box a little while ago and I was here to make him some lunch. He said he needed a fast lunch - no problem! I have a snow day and all things are possible!

I grabbed my green skillet and put it over medium heat with:
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp coconut cream concentrate ( both from tropicaltraditions.com) This is optional, but so delicious!
1 diced orange pepper
1/4 small red onion, diced

I cooked this about 4 minutes, to let it soften. Then I added:
1 large handful of organic baby spinach leaves

I stirred that up. Then I added:
4 large farm fresh eggs
1/4 tsp smoked sea salt
freshly ground pepper

I stirred it all up with the spatula and turned it over now and then until the eggs were done. I slid it onto a plate and then I fed Ger Sasser!

It was a good trade because he cut open a beautiful pomegranate and beat it with a wooden spoon over a bowl for me. (and that made life even better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment