Sunday, January 20, 2013

Blackberry Reduction


So, Josh mentioned a Blackberry Reduction on pork chops the other day and I thought of it when I thawed 3 lb package of Banger Sausage from Whole Foods. So, this is how simple it was:

I put a large package of fresh blackberries in a little saucepan and splashed some balsamic vinegar in to the pan, maybe 2-3 TBSPs. I put this over medium heat.  I took a fork and smashed the blackberries, then switched to a wooden spoon and kept stirring while cooking until it thickened into almost a syrup-like consistency.  When I tasted it, I knew it would be amazing on any pork dish.

(I've made this with several different balsamic vinegars and my favorites for this recipe are the Blackberry-Ginger and the Black Cherry - both from flyingolive.com)

I did my recipe for Banger Sausage in the Oven from this blog, put the blackberry reduction on top, and enjoyed this with roasted acorn squash.

Life is good. (and it's a long week-end!) So, take the time to eat healthy meats, fruits, vegetables, and nuts and seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment