Sunday, January 13, 2013

Paleo Spicy Chicken Soup



I put 5 chicken breasts (you can use less) in my stock pot along with 2 TBSP of coconut oil and turned it on low. When the coconut oil melted, I stirred it around with the chicken breasts.
I added:
1 can organic coconut milk
 2 cans of 15 oz natural diced tomatoes
1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes with chilis (I used the medium. You may want the hot one!)
1 can of natural tomato sauce
1 diced organic onion
1 TBSP minced garlic
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp smoked sea salt (if you use cans of tomatoes with added salt, you will not need this....)
1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper

I put the lid on the stock pot. I let that cook on medium high until the chicken was completely done.
Next, I took 2 forks and shredded the chicken breasts. I added almost a whole big bag of kale. I stirred the kale in. put the lid back on, and let it simmer another 1/2 hour, until the kale was tender.

I grated a little KerryGold Ballyshannon cheese (from grass-fed cows)on the top.

This is great if you might be missing Chicken Tortilla Soup - there are no tortillas but it's creamy from the canned coconut milk and spicy and warm and flavorful. It also makes a lot, so you can have it for packing lunches the next day, or eat it for breakfast - Ger did!

Ger said, between big bitefuls, "Oh, mom.... Mom...That.... is one of the best soups you've ever made.....ever!"

I love a good compliment. It keeps me creating in the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment