Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Crock Pot Grass Fed Beef Roast


This grass fed beef roast was so delicious. I knew I would be busy all day but it just took a little prep work - that's all.
I put 2 TBSP coconut oil in the bottom of my crock pot and then placed the roast in.
3 organic sweet onions, cut into big pieces, and 2 lbs of organic carrots, peeled and chunked, went in next.

On top of that I put 1 can of organic tomato sauce, (read your labels - no added sugar!)  1 cup of water, 2 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt, (salttraders.com)  freashly ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp turmeric, and 1/2 tsp smoked paprika.

The crock pot worked its magic on high for 4  1/2 hours. ( If you will be gone all day, it will be even better on low for 9 hours or so)

It's fool-proof. Please peel your own carrots. Those bagged ones are not good - you know what they spray on them, right? you've read about it on here before???

We are getting so excited for Central East Regionals. Come find me in the crowd and say hello!  I will be the one screaming for Ger Sasser - but I won't be the only one!!!!  He was on the photo on FaceBook's CrossFit Games - Central East Regionals today - doing his muscle-ups. Did you see it?


The WODs were so hard on me the last 2 days I couldn't seem to get a clear photo today at the box... I was oxygen-deprived, or they were moving fast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment