Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sausage and Artichoke Heart Skillet





I put these ingredients into a skillet over medium heat:

1 small yellow onion, diced
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced thin
1 TBSP coconut oil

I cooked this until soft.
I added 2  lbs of pork sausage to the skillet and browned that. (If you don't feed as many hungry Crossfit bodies as I do, this recipe works fine with 1 lb of sausage)

When the sausage was all browned, I simply added:

1 jar pasta sauce (one with no sugar - read labels!)
2 small jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup organic raisins (yes, raisins)
1 tsp sea salt
freshly ground black pepper


There. Dinner is ready. It's delicious. It's healthy. It will fuel you up for all your WODs and adventures. It didn't take long. If you eat on paper plates, you've just got one skillet to wash!
You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment