Saturday, May 10, 2014

Smoked Paprika Grilled Tuna Steaks


We've been more serious than ever about what we are eating around here since Central East Regionals 2014 is next weekend. It's such an amazing event and it will be Ger's 4th appearance on the floor. I can't wait to watch him in action, to see everyone, to buy things from the venders, and to drink ice-cold Kill Cliff, and to wear our new Crossfit Countdown shirts  - ok, back to food.

Ger didn't want orange roughy in coconut milk, so Cass and I ate that. I made Ger these delicious tuna steaks. ( I think Isaac ate something junky....but he's getting better.) You might rather put them on the grill - that works very well for tuna steaks.

I rubbed coconut oil on my grill pan and then heated it up. I like to have a nice sizzle sound when the protein hits the pan.
I rinsed 2 tuna steaks, patted them dry, and sprinkled them with a lot of:

smoked paprika
Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com)
freshly ground black pepper
Garlic Gold nuggets (garlicgold.com)

I cooked the tuna steaks on both sides until I got nice grill marks and yet there was still a good bit of pink in the middle of each piece - that's how Ger likes it.

I had a birthday last week and my mom sent this photo to me. I've been cooking since WAY back! My sister posted it on Facebook and said, "Happy Birthday to the Queen of Southern Paleo!" Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment