Sunday, May 25, 2014

Cocoa Hazelnut Cast Iron Skillet Cookie


Have you tried hazelnut flour? I got mine from nuts.com. Bob's Red Mill has it, too. You can also make your own with hazelnuts and your food processor. This recipe also works with almond flour if you want to make it that way, but you won't have that hazelnut taste that I was going for. It's really a great recipe.

I stirred up the following dry ingredients:

1  1/4 cups hazelnut flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt

I stirred up the wet ingredients in a big bowl:

1/4 cup grass fed butter, softened
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp molasses
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened coconut chips (the big chunky stuff)

I added the dry ingredients to the wet and stirred.
(I WANTED to add 1 cup Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips, but I made it right before regionals, so Ger didn't want them in there..... I'm making this one again tomorrow, at Cassie's request, with the chocolate chips - she says he'll eat it right now.)


I rubbed a good bit of coconut oil in my big cast iron skillet and then added the cookie batter


I baked this Cocoa Hazelnut Cast Iron Skillet Cookie  in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Wow! It was delicious!  Tomorrow, it will be even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment