Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Paleo Cowboy Steak Rub on Ribeye in a Bed of Spinach and Red Pepper


Get  your hands on some grass fed ribeye. Make this recipe. Be happy.  The steak I fed Ger Sasser tonight is a Bos Creek ribeye. Ger also ate a Bos Creek sirloin.  He was happy, and full, and he kept sayng how good it was, and how he liked the Paleo Cowboy Steak Rub I'd made.  I am sending our Ger to Central East Regionals 2014 with all guns blazing! 3 more days!

Ok - the recipe:
I put the following things in a small bowl and stirred them up:

1 TBSP Maine Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com)
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp organic cocoa powder
1 tsp chipotle chili pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground coffee (optional, but yum!)

This may sound a little strange but I'm telling you these steaks had a bit of a crust on the outside, and were tender on the inside and the house smelled amazing!

I rubbed a generous amount on both sides of the steaks. (I used most of this for 5 big steaks. You can keep this rub a long time if you put a lid on it.)   I allowed the steaks to rest 15-20 minutes.

I put coconut oil on my grill pan. (It will work beautifully on the grill also.) I heated up the pan (medium) so I would get a nice sizzle as I placed each steak into the pan. I cooked each steak for about 5 minutes on each side, depending on how everyone liked their steak,

I served these luscious steaks on  a simple bed of red pepper, cut into chunks, cooked until crisp-tender in coconut oil, smoked sea salt, and basil. Then I added a container of organic baby spinach and put a lid on it, stirring once until wilted.

Try it soon. Let me know what you think here, or on the Feeding Ger Sasser FaceBook page, or feedinggersasser on Instagram, or Pinterest. And, if you are at Central East Regionals, say hey if you see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment