Saturday, May 10, 2014

Paleo Chuck Roast with Mango BBQ Sauce


This was an excellent meal. This recipe focuses on a beautiful chuck roast. Our lives are so busy and we have to work on making good food - it's always worth it. If YOU are looking to upgrade the quality of your beef, shop around for grass fed and try to go local.

I peeled and sliced two mangos and placed it in the bottom of my slow cooker, along with 1 TBSP of coconut oil.

I laid the chuck roast right on top of the mango.

In a small bowl, I stirred up the following ingredients to make a thick paleo bbq sauce:

1 6 oz can organic tomato paste
3 TBSP water
1 TBSP coconut oil
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP honey
1 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com or your favorite sea salt)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and then a little more - lol
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 TBSP Garlic Gold nuggets (garlicgold.com)


This was a thick sauce. I spread it out right on top of the chuck roast. 
I poured 1/4 cup water down in the slow cooker, careful not to disturb the bbq sauce.

I put the lid on the slow cooker and let it cook for 8 hours on low.                                                                    It was MELT_IN_YOUR_MOUTH_TENDER_AND_DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment