Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dense Paleo Bread






I've tweaked my Paleo Bread Machine recipe countless times and never blogged it. I think it's time to get a few versions blogged here for you. This one makes a dense and heavy bread, perfect for ease of slicing and delicious on its own, slathered with KerryGold butter, or under 2 slices of bacon and a fried egg.

I made sure my paddle was in the bottom of the bread machine bucket. Then, I put the following items into the bread machine bucket:

1 cup + 2 TBSP water
2 TBSP chia seeds
2 eggs
1 tsp smoked sea salt (salttraders.com - I love the Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt)
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
2 TBSP honey
1/4 cup coconut oil, warm

I waited 5 minutes, so that the chia seeds could soften and start to soak up some liquid.

Next, I added:

3 1/2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1 package yeast  (make sure your yeast is not old if you don't make bread often!)
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano

I put the picket into the bread machine and used the setting WHEAT.  (That's a 4 hour wait on my bread machine...)  I checked on it once, early,  and  saw that I needed to take a spatula and push the ingredients out of the corners and into the "dough."

Remember, this is not going to be a light fluffy bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment