Sunday, May 4, 2014

Paleo Broccoli Salad



I wanted Broccoli Salad like I used to make, only PALEO.  So, I texted my mom and had her send me the old recipe. She found it and it made me laugh somehow....See?



In a big bowl I put the following ingredients:

1 bunch organic broccoli
12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup organic raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 small red onion, chopped

In a small bowl, I stirred up the dressing:

3/4 cup organic coconut milk, from a can, stirred
3-4 TBSP raw honey
2 T balsamic vinegar  (try one fromflyingolive.com - you'll be glad you did)
1 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com has my favorite salt)

 I stirred this up and poured it on the ingredients in the big bowl and I am telling you I nailed it! This is exactly what I was craving.

Now, you may want to grate a little Kerry Gold cheese on the top of your serving and I thought about it   but it really didn't need it.


2 comments:

  1. I love this! I've made it for two picnics and it was a hit. I add pumpkin seeds as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll throw some in the next time I make it, too! Thanks.

      Delete