Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sea Scallops on Asparagus

We love sea scallops, and yes, they are expensive, but they make a very special meal that's much less expensive than eating out. They are so sweet.

I rubbed coconut oil on a cookie sheet. I rinsed the thawed sea scallops and laid them on paper towel-covered paper plates. They need to be dry so I moved on to the vegetables.

I broke off the bottoms of a big bunch of fresh asparagus, and threw them into a skillet. I added a TBSP of coconut oil and 1/4 cup of organic chicken stock. I added 2 containers of fresh, sliced brown mushrooms, and a package of frozen mixed vegetables. I let this start cooking, stirring often.

I put the sea scallops on the cookie sheet and rubbed a little coconut oil in my hands to melt it, then rubbed the top of the scallops. I shook sweet basil and herbed sea salt and freshly ground pepper onto them, and put them under the broiler for 6 minutes. (Sometimes they take 8 minutes - watch them. Don't overcook them)

Done. Easy. Great fuel.
Take care of the ones you love! Feed them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment