Monday, March 26, 2012

Chicken Cutlets in Parchment Paper

       

I thought these were going to be good when I thought of it and bought the beautiful, fresh ingredients. I was right. But, I didn't realize that the BEST PART was - THERE'S NO CLEAN-UP! So, be prepared to see other recipes cooked in this manner!

       First, I tore off 6 pieces of parchment paper. It's 15 inches wide and I pulled a good 12 inches out before tearing.I folded them in half to make a fold, then opened them back up. I rubbed a tiny bit of coconut oil on the side where the food was about to go.
       I had 2 packages of healthy thin-cut chicken breasts. (They cook fast!) I placed one on each of the parchment papers. There were 2 left, so I put them on a couple of the others. (so, 2 of them would be bigger servings)

       Then, I added zucchini slices, asparagus spears, and diced red onion to the top of the chicken. I then put almost a TBSP of coconut oil on each serving.
       Last to go on was a couple of fresh lemon slices and some herbs. Use the herbs you love or use what I love - basil and smoked paprika and sea salt.

       Then I folded the top portion of the parchment paper over the food and folded under all around, to make packets. I put the packets on 2 cookie sheets and slid them into the oven at 400 degrees for twenty minutes.
       They were incredible. I slid them onto plates, cut them open, and poured off the juice.
DINNER"S READY!
"WOW,  MOM, DO THIS ONE AGAIN."And remember,  NO PANS OR SKILLETS TO WASH!
Here it is before I closed the packet and cooked it. I wish there were leftovers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment