Monday, March 5, 2012

Paleo Chicken Breasts in a Crock Pot


WE all are busy and need great food fast. So, here's a new one. We eat a lot of chicken breasts cooked in the oven and they are amazing, but I wanted that crockpot tender-thing. Here's what I did:

I rubbed the inside of my crockpot with coconut oil.
I rinsed 6 hormone and antibiotic-free chicken breasts then laid them close together in the crockpot, overlapping as little as possible.
I added 1 TBSP of coconut oil, 1 cup of organic chicken stock, and 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp rosemary, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
I turned the crockpot on low and left it for 5 hours. It was also fine at 6 hours. (I left it on just to see if it would be ok to go longer.)
That chicken breast is so tender and juicy - you have to try it!

Ger just said, "Mom, that chicken is amazing! Really good. Do it again soon."
That makes it all worthwhile, huh?

I did 2 pans of kale chips but put smoked paprika and garlic powder on them instead of chilli powder. You can find this recipe in February, I think the 9th, but try it with the smoked paprika!
Fresh asparagus and broccoli in a skillet with a couple TBSPs of chicken stock and sea salt rounded out a great meal for the first snow day of the year!


This is my favorite photo from the OCT 2015. They take some amazing photos! Ger got 4th place!

No comments:

Post a Comment