Saturday, March 17, 2012

Paleo Grass-Fed Meatloaf

This is Jess Sasser, guest blogger, for feedinggersasser.blogspot.com.  Mom and I decided to do our CrossFit WOD at different times last night.  She went at 5:30 and I went at 6:30.  While she was gone I realized that doing 12.4 would be tough on her wrists (she's still rehabbing them from breaking both bones, in both wrists this past July).  I decided to get dinner rolling and she could finish it up.  Since I think grass-fed beef is like candy, I went for that!

Paleo Meatloaf

4 pounds of grass-fed beef (hey, gotta feed Ger who is slamming this Open season!)
2 farm fresh eggs
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp garlic
2 tsp smoked paprika (This is THE best spice EVER!!)

I rubbed a 1/2 tsp of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil on the bottom and sides of an oven safe, deep, square, baking dish.
In a large bowl, I mixed the beef, egg, and spices.  I mixed this together using my hands.  I wanted to really incorporate the spices into the beef because there is just something amazing about this flavor profile!
Next, I plopped this into the dish and spread it out to the edges.  I covered it with plastic wrap and went to class.

This is Dinah: So, when I got home, I put the meatloaf in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes. (If you halve this recipe, it won't take that long to cook, probably 35 minutes. cut into the middle and check to see if it's done, OR make the recipe as is, but put it into 2 smaller loaf pans.)

While that was cooking, I washed and cut up 3 peppers, threw them in a skillet, and added a TBSP of coconut oil and  a shake of basil. I microwaved a package of frozen broccoli and threw that into the peppers. Beautiful colors make for healthy fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment