Thursday, March 8, 2012

Paleo Italian Chicken Thighs


I don't know if my CrossFit workout tonight just made me hungry or if I just outdid myself, but this meal was just delicious.

I put a tsp of coconut oil in a skillet  and then browned 8 chicken thighs. I turned them down to let them cook through. I sprinkled them with smoked paprika, oregano, and sweet basil.

In a smaller skillet I put 2 packages of fresh mushrooms ( the kind with a variety of mushrooms) and 1/2 of a jar of spaghetti sauce. (Find one with no sugar.) I let this simmer.

I washed and cut up 4 big yellow peppers. I placed them on a coconut oil-rubbed cookie sheet and then rubbed the pepper pieces with coconut oil melted in my hands. I sprinkled them with basil and popped them into a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes, maybe more.

When the chicken was done, I put the other half of the sauce on it, and yelled for the kids. Wow, that was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment