Sunday, January 26, 2014

Coconut Flour Pumpkin Pancakes


You know I like to keep it simple.  If it's simple, you are more apt to find time to make better foods at home, right?  This morning I wanted to make paleo pancakes with plenty of protein, little honey, and coconut flour, but still taste good. Here it is:

In a big bowl, I stirred up these ingredients:  (with a wooden spoon)

5 eggs
1 cup organic pumpkin
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup vanilla protein ( or whatever flavor you think will taste great with pumpkin..)
1/4 cup organic coconut milk from a can
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP real maple syrup
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 TBSP melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp sea salt

I heated up a skillet and added coconut oil. I put 4 pancakes in at a time, in 1/4 cup scoops. I didn't turn them over until I saw the bubbles through the batter, over medium heat. I flipped them carefully. Each time I took the pancakes out, I added more coconut oil before adding more pancake batter.

We always eat them with almond butter, pasture butter, and a little maple syrup.


Feeding Ger Sasser recipes and lots of Deep Performance training is looking good on my babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment