Wednesday, January 8, 2014

BAM Broccoli Asparagus Mushrooms


               Happy 2 year anniversary, Feeding Ger Sasser! 
I posted my first paleo recipe two years ago today. It was One Pot Wonder. People had been asking me all kinds of questions like:
"What do you feed that BEAST?"
"What the heck is paleo?"
"What do you mean you don't eat bread? People can't live without bread!"
"How can I do this? I want to PR but I don't have very much time..."
"Where do I buy ______?" (fill in the blank)
"What about when I need something sweet?"

It's been a great two years! 296 recipes and counting.... so, here's another quick side dish to keep your immune system up and running.  It's called BAM!  (Broccoli, Asparagus, Mushrooms)

I put 1 tsp coconut oil and 1/4 cup chicken stock into a large skillet.
I cut up one bunch of broccoli.
I broke the ends off one bunch of asparagus (for the compost heap)
I cut two large portobello mushrooms into bite-sized pieces.
I put all the vegetables into the skillet and cooked the mixture on medium low until crisp-tender.
I added smoked sea salt, basil, and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
I sprinkled them with 3 TBSP pepitas (pumpkin seeds) just before serving.

It was delicious with my Orange Roughy in Coconut Milk Paleo. Ger and Cassie ate like the athletes they are! You can watch them in action this weekend on the live stream of the Great Lakes Invitational.





No comments:

Post a Comment