Thursday, January 23, 2014

Paleo Sweet Potato Pie


This recipe is just so good. I hope you make it ASAP. It will warm your belly on a cold, cold day and it's sweet potato and egg and a little honey.  Wow. I am making it again TODAY because the one in the photo that I made last night is GONE.

You can use a pie dish or a square glass baking dish. I used my lovely tart pan.
I rubbed my pan with a little coconut oil.

I made a quick paleo crust. I stirred up these ingredients in a mixing bowl:

1 1/3 cups almond meal
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 heaping TBSP coconut oil, melted
2 TBSP honey
2 tsp vanilla

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

I spread this out in the bottom of the prepared pan and baked it in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.

I stirred these ingredients in a mixing bowl:
1 can organic sweet potato puree ( I love Farmer's Market Organic Sweet Potato Puree. I order from Vitacost.com since I don't live anywhere near a Whole Foods)
1/2 cup local honey
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk from a can (Vitacost.com order again, Native Forest brand)
2 eggs, stirred up before adding them.

I mixed this up with a wooden spoon and poured it into the crust. 
I cooked it in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, then TURNED IT DOWN to 350 degrees without taking it out, and baked it 30 minutes longer.




No comments:

Post a Comment