Sunday, January 19, 2014

Roasted Lemon Shrimp with Sweet Potatoes


I will be making this one again very soon! We all just loved it.

First, I put 3  12 oz packages of thawed shrimp in a big bowl. I added 2 TBSP olive oil, 1 head of fresh garlic, crushed, 2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon, 2 tsp smoked sea salt, and freshly ground pepper, to taste. I stirred this all up and put it in the fridge to marinate.  Doesn't it look good?


Next, I rubbed a 9 x 13 baking pan with coconut oil.

I washed 4 big organic sweet potatoes, peeled them, and sliced them into 1/4 inch slices.  I placed these into the pan and drizzled 2 TBSP melted coconut oil over the top of them.
 I shook just a little more smoked salt and pepper over them and put them into a 450 degree oven for 25 minutes. They were fairly tender when I took them out of the oven and stuck a fork in them, to check.

Then, I took the shrimp out of the fridge, stirred them up, and topped the sweet potatoes with the shrimp and the marinade.  I put the casserole back into the oven for another 15 minutes.

Oh. My. Goodness.
I served this with roasted red peppers. I think it would be perfect beside a salad of field greens next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment