Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Roasted Carrots in Rosemary Butter


I love when simple, quality ingredients come together and make something special. These carrots did that. 4 ingredients make some kind of magical thing happen. Organic carrots, pasture butter, fresh rosemary, and smoked sea salt make this gooey, almost candy-like thing that happens on the bottom of these roasted carrots. YUM!  Look.

                                               (I hope that doesn't look like a Slim Jim...)

Here is all I did:
I peeled and cut off the ends of 2 lbs of organic carrots.
I put them on a baking sheet.
I melted 2 TBSP of pasture butter (from grass fed cows; we love KerryGold)
I diced some fresh rosemary, almost 2 tsps, and added it to the melted butter.
I poured this on the carrots and coated them.
I spread them out evenly on the baking sheet and sprinkled them with 1/2 tsp smoked sea salt.
I roasted them in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Oh, they were so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment