Sunday, January 12, 2014

Paleo Cocoa Almond Butter Cookies


Ger took third place in the Great Lakes Invitational 2014 this weekend! I was making these cookies while trying to keep up with all the Leaderboard changes! Whoo! He and Cassie definitely earned some paleo cookies.....



I put all the ingredients into a big bowl:

3/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed a little
1/2 cup honey
1 large egg
1 TBSP vanilla extract
1  1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 TBSP arrowroot powder (cornstarch will work, if you haven't switched over yet)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt

2 TBSP dark cocoa

I stirred this all up with a wooden spoon.
I placed parchment paper on two cookie sheets.
I used a small cookie scoop and filled one cookie sheet. I left them in the shape the cookie scoop leaves them in. In other words, I didn't press them down at all.

Next, I added a big handful of dark chocolate chips and stirred them into the remaining cookie batter. I scooped those out on the other cookie sheet. (Sometimes Ger doesn't want any sugar at all and even really dark chocolate chips will have just a little.... you may want to make your whole batch all the same way - either way!)

I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 9 minutes. We like them a little gooey. Do you?

I can't wait to have one with my bulletproof coffee in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment