Thursday, July 25, 2013

Roasted Green Beans


If you always make a pot of green beans with bacon, I am sure they are delicious! This is the time of year to eat them - they are more pod than bean and don't do all the dried beans things to you that are so bad for your gut.  Now, there might be another way to make green beans that you will like, and it's fast!

I washed and cut the ends off my green beans. (These weren't the ones that you have to string, but you can roast that kind, too.)
I put them on a big cookie pan and added 1 TBSP coconut oil. I rubbed them with my hands and spread them out.
 I sprinkled them with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and minced garlic. That's it. (garlicgold.com is my favorite and it's organic)
I put the into a 450 degree oven for 25 minutes.  I like them so much! They shrunk up a good bit, so next time I'm going to prepare a bigger portion.

I served them with zucchini and yellow squash chips and Orange Roughy in Coconut Milk Paleo.

What'd you have? I hope it was healthy fuel for your busy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment